- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 chicken breast (about 200g), finely minced or blitzed in food processor
- 1 oyster mushroom, finely diced (optional)
- 2 tbsp peanut or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp thick soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (plus extra for serving)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cos lettuce cups or another alternative to make a cup
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Lime, for serving
- Heat up a medium pan up on a stove with 1 tbsp oil on medium high heat. Be sure to get it nice and hot, this will get the chicken super crispy!
- Add in shallot and garlic, cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in bell pepper and cook for one more minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place pan back on heat and add in remaining 1 tbsp oil. When hot, add in chicken and mushrooms (if using), along with the fish sauce, soy sauce, and coriander. Cook, stirring frequently.
- Once the mix looks crispy and caramelized, stir in cooked onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Divide mix into 4-6 lettuce cups.
- Garnish with sesame seed, crushed peanuts, coriander, and lime.
Nutrition Information (per ½ recipe)
320 calories, 19g fat, 11g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 28g protein.