This is a great recipe if you’re looking for a delicious sauce with less refined sugar than your normal ketchup!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a small pan over medium heat. When hot, add oil. Saute the onion and garlic for 5 mins. Add the tomatoes and maple and simmer for 15 mins. Season to taste.
- Blitz it up in a food processor to your desired consistency.
- Pour in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Nutrition Information (per tablespoon, about 20g)
25 calories, 1g fat, 4g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 0g protein.