- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (1 tin, drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Heat up a medium pot up on a stove with the oil on medium heat.
- When hot, add the shallot, garlic, and chili flakes. Stir with a wooden spoon, slightly pounding together the ingredients to form a paste.
- When the onion is softened, stir in the turmeric, coriander, and ginger. Continue stirring and cooking until the shallot has caramelized. Add a bit of water as needed if the spices are sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, and chickpeas. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add water to your desired consistency as the curry reduces. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Stir in coconut milk and remove from heat.
- Top with coriander and serve with rice or Two Ingredient Flatbread
Nutrition Information (per 1/4 recipe, about ¾ cup)
230 calories, 11g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 8g protein.
(Best served with our delicious Mango chutney and homemade flatbreads!)