Carrot Hummus, Pesto, Crunchy Veg and Delicious Yoghurt Flatbreads!
17 July 2019
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Peel and cut up the carrots
- Add oil, paprika to the carrots and mix together well.
- Put it all on a roasting tray and bang it in the oven for 40 minutes
- Once the carrots are soft take them out of the oven and mix in the honey and put them back into the oven for an extra 5 minutes to caramelize.
- Once your carrots are ready drain and put your tin of chickpeas in a food processor
- Add the tahini
- Blend till smooth (add a few tbsp of ice water if it looks too dry)
- Then add the honey roasted carrots to the mix and blend till smooth (add more water till you reach the perfect consistency!)
- 4 small garlic clove
- Pinch of sea salt
- 25g pine nuts, very lightly toasted
- 25g Sunflower seeds
- 25g Walnuts
- 25g Cashew Nuts
- 100g fresh basil leaves
- 40g Parmesan, finely grated
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 200ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Put all the nuts, seeds and fresh basil together in a food processor
- Once everything is mixed into a paste add the olive oil and parmesan
- Salt + Pepper at the end and you're done!
Two Ingredient Yoghurt Flatbread
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder (omit if using self-rising flour)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yoghurt (regular or Greek)
- Olive oil, for cooking
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the yoghurt until a dough forms. Knead until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Add more flour as needed if the dough is too sticky.
- Divide into four balls, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with flour. Press one ball into a round flatbread using your fingertips. Roll flat on the floured surface until about ⅛ inch (½ cm) thick.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Cook the flatbread until the bottom is golden brown with a few dark spots, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until the opposite side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and repeat with remaining three flatbreads.