Our delicious pesto is super easy to make and can use up any odd bits and bobs you have in the fridge!
You can vary this basil pesto recipe by using different herbs such as mint, coriander or flat leaf parsley, or replacing the pine nuts with almonds, cashews or walnuts.
Food processor (Or mortar and pestle)
- 4 small garlic clove
- Pinch of sea salt
- 25g pine nuts, very lightly toasted
- 25g Sunflower seeds
- 25g Walnuts
- 25g Cashew Nuts
- 100g fresh basil leaves
- 40g Parmesan, finely grated
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 200ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Put all the nuts, seeds and fresh basil together in a food processor
- Once everything is mixed into a paste add the olive oil and parmesan
- Salt + Pepper at the end and you're done!
Nutrition Information (per 30g)
150 calories, 16g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 2g protein.