Active time: 25 minutes
• 1 shallot, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1” knob of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
• 1 small red chili, minced (seeds removed for less spicy)
• ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
• 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
• 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
• 1 large chicken breast (about 500g)
• 1 cup (250mL) coconut milk
• 1 cup (250mL) chicken broth/stock
• 1 cup pea pods, sliced
• 1 carrot, spiralized and lightly steamed
• Toppings: red chili slices, sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, fresh coriander, lime slices
In a food processor (or mortar and pestle), combine the shallot, garlic, ginger, and red chili to make a thick paste. Add 1 tsp coconut oil and coriander. Mix to combine well.
Heat the remaining coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the fresh paste and cook stirring often until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the green curry paste, heat until combined. Add in the chicken, and cook until browned and cooked almost through.
Pour in the coconut milk, stir and bring to a simmer. Let reduce slightly. Add in chicken broth and pea pods. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. If desired, add more liquid to desired consistency.
To serve, portion into 4 bowls. Top with spiralized carrot and desired garnishes.
Nutrition Information (per 1/4 recipe, about 1.5 cups): 365 calories, 22g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 31g protein.